4 Boneless pork chops, about 1 lb
5-6 oz fresh blackberries, rinsed, divided
5-6 oz fresh raspberries, rinsed, divided
1 (14oz) can beef broth
1/2 c sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp Chinese 5-spice powder (important to not substitute)
3/4 kosher salt, divided
2 tbsp Canola oil
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Combine beef broth & sugar in small saucepan; bring to boil on medium-high to dissolve sugar. When boiling, stir in 1/2 EACH of the blackberries & raspberries.
2. Meanwhile, preheat large saute' pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Combine flour, Chinese five-spice powder, & 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in large zip lock bag; shake to combine. Place pork chops in bag; shake to coat.
3. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Remove chops from bag, shake off excess flour, & add pork to pan(wash hands). Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees F (for medium).
4. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch & water in small bowl until smooth; stir into berry sauce, along w/ pepper, garlic, & remaining 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to boil & cook 5-minutes, stirring occasionally, or until berries soften & begin to release their juices.
5. Stir remaining blackberries & raspberries into sauce & serve over pork chops.
Active Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings