1 Extra Firm Tofu block
1/2 cup yogurt/heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder/garlic flakes
1 tbsp pepper powder
1 tbsp lemon zest/lemon spice mix
1 tbsp spice mix/chat masala
1 tsp mango powder
1 tsp grated ginger
1/4 cup minced mint leaves
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
2 minced green chilies (optional)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. Drain all water off the tofu.
(In order to completely drain off the water, place tofu between two paper towel sheets, and place a skillet at the top, for about 5 minutes. The water content needs to be thoroughly drained off the Tofu. This will make sure that Tofu slices absorb the spices well).
2. Slice tofu into 1/2 inch thickness, 3 inch by 3 inch slices
3. Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet lightly.
4. Meanwhile mix all the other ingredients to a fine paste. The paste should be a thick liquid. If you need to thicken the paste, you can add some more bread crumbs.
5. Dip the Tofu pieces, lightly and gently, so that it is lightly covered in the paste, and place on the baking pan.
6. Set aside, for 5 minutes.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes on each side, or till each side is a nice crunchy brown.
Active Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings