2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 lb. unsalted butter
4 egg yolks (reserve whites)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
dash of lemon juice
1 lb. apricot filling (not preserves)
4 reserved egg whites
3 tables. sugar
1/2 lb. ground walnuts
1. Mix all dough ingredients by hand and pat into a greased jelly roll pan.
2. Spread with all apricot filling.
3. Beat 4 egg whites until stiff, fold in 3 tables. sugar and ground nuts. Spread gently over filling.
4. Bake at 375 degree oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
5. Cool, cut off crusts to look neater and cut in squares.
6. Dust with 10X sugar if desired.
Active Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Yield: 8 Servings